- 5 ounces granulated sugar
- 1 pint Manischewitz Blackberry Wine
- grated rind of 1 large orange
- 6 small mint sprigs
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen blackberries
- Several hours before making the sorbet, dissolve the sugar in the Manischewitz Black berry Wine over medium heat, then add the orange rind and mint leaves and bubble for 2 minutes. Add the blackberries, crushing them into the syrup with a fork; cool and refrigerate until cold.
- Lift out and discard the mint, then push the contents of the pan through a small fine sieve.
- Freeze for 30 minutes in a glass bowl. Process in a blender top for 45 seconds. Cover and return to the freezer. After 2 hours, return to the blender top and process 45 seconds. Spread into the bottom of a large ice cube tray, cover and freeze until ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh mint sprigs or berries, as desired.