- 1 Whole chicken, cut up with the skin
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 large can of crushed tomatoes, strained
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup Manischewitz Cream White Concord Wine
- matzo meal
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped in chunks
- Wet chicken in water and coat with matzo meal.
- In a large pan, brown chicken on both sides then remove from the pan.
- Add garlic powder and oil to pan and sauté onions, peppers, and carrots.
- After sautéed, add the Manischewitz Cream White Concord Wine, stirring for 1 minute.
- Now add the chicken back to the pan and bring the pan to a boil.
- Reduce heat to very, very low heat for 45 minutes.
- Cover, stirring occasionally so food does not stick (add water if necessary).