Chocolate Cherry Wine Cake
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup Manischewitz cake meal
- 6 Tablespoons cocoa
- ¼ cup Manischewitz Concord Grape Wine
- ¾ cup almonds, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounce) dark sweet cherries, pitted and drained
- Separate eggs. Beat whites in medium bowl until stiff but not dry. Set aside.
- Sift cake meal with cocoa.
- In a large bowl, beat yolks slightly then add sugar and beat until lemon colored. Fold the cake meal/cocoa into yolk mixture alternately with the Manischewitz Concord Grape Wine.
- Add finely chopped almonds just until blended.
- By hand, incorporate some of the beaten egg whites into the batter and gently mix. Then, gently fold the remaining egg whites into the batter.
- Add cherries and mix with just a few strokes.
- Pour batter into 10 ½" springform pan that has been lightly greased and floured with a little cocoa on the bottom.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until the cake springs back when gently touched. Cool.
- Run knife around the edge of the pan and serve. May be served with cherry preserves on top.