- 1 lb. ground beef, lean
- ¼ cup matzo meal
- 3 Tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ½ cup Manischewitz Concord Grape Wine
- ¼ teaspoon salt (if Kosher meat is used, do not use salt)
- 2 Tablespoons corn oil
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger or pepper
- 1 cup Manischewitz Concord Grape Wine
- Salt to taste
- 6 gingersnaps, crushed
- fluffy hot rice
- Combine beef, matzo meal, onion, cornstarch, and allspice; mix with fork. In a small bowl, mix egg, wine, and salt (if used); add to beef mixture. Shape into 1 ½ inch balls.
- In heavy skillet, heat oil over medium heat, brown meat balls on all sides. Remove meat balls. Add flour to drippings and stir. Add broth, water, ginger, and Manischewitz Concord Grape Wine. Cook and stir until smooth.
- Simmer uncovered until reduced by half. Add salt to taste. Add meat balls, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes. Stir in gingersnaps. Serve with fluffy hot rice.