Darkness-in-Egypt Seven Layer Cake (for passover)
- 4 sticks Margarine
- 7 Manischewitz Matzos
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 bottle Manischewitz Cream Red Concord wine
- ½ cup (& 2 Tablespoons) Cocoa
- 1 Manischewitz bittersweet dark chocolate bar
- 1 teaspoon Rum (optional)
- In a medium bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar. Add the cocoa and the rum (optional).
- Beat with electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Reserve mixture.
- In a separate flat pan, pour in Manischewitz Cream Red Concord wine, enough to cover one matzo.
- Soak one matzo in the wine for 2 minutes. Carefully remove the matzo and place it on a flat plate.
- Add wine to flat pan again and soak a 2nd matzo. While the matzo is soaking, smear some of the chocolate cream mixture onto the first matzo using a flat knife. After 2 minutes, add the second matzo on top of this mixture. Soak a third matzo in wine, and continue alternating matzo and cream, until 7 matzos are layered.
- Cover sides of cake with any excess chocolate cream mixture. Scrape bittersweet chocolate bar on top of cake.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours before serving. Cut into squares and enjoy!