Fall Harvest Latkes
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup boiling hot water
- 3 cups sweet potatoes or yams, peeled, finely shredded
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup almonds, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Serve with the following sauce
- 1 ½ cups dairy sour cream
- ¼ cup Manischewitz Cream Berry Wine
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- In small bowl, soak cranberries in hot water for 5 minutes, then drain. Set aside.
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, almonds, cranberries, spices, and salt. Fold in sweet potatoes.
- Heat oil in large frying pan to medium high heat. Using large tablespoon, scoop up mixture and drop into oil. Cook 2 minutes or until latkes are just golden brown, turning only once. Repeat with remainder of mixture.
- Drain on paper toweling and keep warm.
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl until well mixed. Serve with latkes.