- 2 (7 ounce) pkgs. Manischewitz broad egg noodles
- rind of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup white raisins
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup fresh orange juice, strained
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- cinnamon sugar
- 1 pkg. sliced or slivered almonds
- Cook noodles as directed on package.
- While noodles are cooking, prepare rind, juice, and rinse raisins with warm water. Drain and blanche noodles, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish.
- Combine noodles, orange rind, vanilla, raisins, and marmalade. Beat eggs; add water and juice slowly, then oil. Fold carefully into noodle mixture.
- Using a ladle, spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Completely cover the top with cinnamon sugar, generously. Then, add the almonds. Cover again with additional cinnamon sugar. Drizzle a small amount of additional vegetable oil over the top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the bottom appears golden; do not let the top burn.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes before slicing; serve warm.