- 6 Manischewitz matzo, soaked briefly in warm water to moisten only (leave whole)
- 1 large jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb. mozzarella cheese, sliced thinly
- 1 pint ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 box frozen spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed "dry"
- 1 small can chopped black olives
- ½ lb. carrots, cleaned, peeled, and finely chopped
- ½ lb. mushrooms, cleaned and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2-3 Tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup Manischewitz Cream White Concord Wine
- Grease a 9" x 13" rectangular baking dish.
- To prepare filling, place ricotta cheese, egg, parmesan cheese, spinach, and olives in a large bowl and mix well. Melt butter in a large frying pan on medium heat. Add carrots, mushrooms, onions, and Manischewitz Cream White Concord Wine and cook until vegetables are tender. Add cooked vegetable mixture to bowl and mix all filling ingredients together.
- Layer the lasagna in the baking dish, beginning with a thin layer of sauce, followed by a layer of matzo (break if necessary to fit in pan), followed by 1/3 of the filling, followed by a thin layer of sauce, followed by a layer of mozzarella. Repeat 2 more times, starting with the matzo layer and ending with the mozzarella layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30minutes or until sauce starts to bubble and cheese is beginning to brown. Let cool for 10-15 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.