- 20 mushrooms, large
- 7/8 cup margarine
- 3 1/3 Tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups Manischewitz matzo farfel
- 3/8 cup Manischewitz Red Wine
- 3/8 cup water
- ¼ cup walnuts, ground
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and dry the mushrooms. Carefully remove the stems. Finely chop the stems into a wooden bowl. Melt the margarine in a small saucepan; add the chopped stems, ground walnuts, and the onion and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the farfel, salt, and pepper. Stir to blend thoroughly.
- Grease a 6 x 10 inch baking dish. Arrange the mushrooms in the dish, cap side up. Stuff the mushroom caps with the mushroom farfel mixture, dividing evenly.
- Combine the wine with the water in a small dish. Spoon 1 teaspoonful of the mixture over each stuffed mushroom. Bake for 15 minutes.