Perfect Passover Pie
- 3 containers Manischewitz chocolate macaroons
- 1 bottle Manischewitz Concord Grape Wine
- 1 lb. Sweet chocolate or semi sweet chocolate
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Manischewitz Concord Grape Wine
- 8 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mash the chocolate macaroons with enough Manischewitz Concord Grape Wine to make a moist consistency. Press into 10" pie pan. Crust should be approximately ¼" thick throughout.
- Melt the chocolate, adding sugar and Manischewitz Concord Grape Wine, in the top of a double boiler until smooth. Cool.
- Separate eggs. Add egg yolks, one at a time to the cooled chocolate mixture, beating well after each egg is added. Add vanilla to the chocolate-egg yolk mixture.
- Beat egg whites until a soft peak forms. Fold egg whites into chocolate-egg yolk mixture.
- Pour into prepared pie shell. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, top with either candied violets, halved strawberries or whipped cream.