Potato Latkes with Wine-Spiced Applesauce
- 1 tube Manischewitz lentil soup mix, prepared (per label directions except using 4 cups water)
- 5 medium potatoes, baked
- ¾ cup Manischewitz matzo meal
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup dried parsley
- 5 medium cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 ½ quarts unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup Manischewitz Cream White Concord Wine
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Generously grease cookie sheets.
- Cool potatoes and soup. Grate potatoes, with skins. Combine with lemon juice, garlic, onion, and prepared soup.
- Separately, combine matzo meal, baking powder, salt, pepper, and parsley. Add dry ingredients to wet mixture; stir until well mixed.
- Drop by heaping soup spoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove pans from oven and flip latkes. Bake 10 minutes more.
- Flip again and bake 10 more minutes. Keep cooked latkes warm while cooking subsequent batches. Serve warm, with warm applesauce
- Combine applesauce, Manischewitz Cream White Concord Wine, cinnamon, and nutmeg in saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, 10 minutes; stirring often.
- Latkes and applesauce can be prepared ahead and re-warmed.