Salmon with Cilantro and Blackberry Sauce
- 2 medium leeks, cleaned, chopped (white & green parts only)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin, ground
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup Manischewitz Blackberry Wine
- 1 ¼ cup blackberries (frozen or fresh)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs. Salmon fillets, skinned, de-boned, & cut into ½" slices
- Additional lemon juice, salt, and pepper
- Garnish: ½ cup almonds, toasted, sliced, blanched
- Sauté leeks in 2 Tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet for 3-4 minutes.
- Add another Tablespoon of olive oil and add cilantro, cumin, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
- Cook for one minute and remove from heat.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the honey and wine over high heat for one minute; add the berries.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 3-4 minutes until the sauce thickens. Cover and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the salmon fillets and sauté for one minute per side.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Re-heat both sauces briefly. On 6 warmed plates, spoon cilantro sauce around; top with the sautéed salmon, then the berry sauce. Garnish with the toasted almonds and serve immediately.
- This is nice with tiny boiled potatoes.