Santa Fe Matzo Ball Soup
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 6 (10 ½ ounce) cans Manischewitz chicken broth
- 1-3 Tablespoons chopped green chili peppers, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup Manischewitz matzo meal
- ¼ cup margarine
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 3 eggs
- In a 6 quart pot, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until tender. Cut chicken into small pieces and add to onion and cook 10 minutes over medium heat. Add chicken broth, 4 cups water, cilantro, and chili peppers. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Mix matzo meal, salt, margarine, and eggs. Stir in ½ cup water. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Bring soup to a boil.
- Shape 18 matzo balls and cook in soup, uncovered, for 20 minutes.