Stuffed Chicken with Blackberry Glaze
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 (11.6 oz) box Manischewitz Kishka
- 2 Tablespoons corn oil
- ½ cup Manischewitz clear condensed chicken broth
- ¾ cup Manischewitz Blackberry wine
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare kishka according to package directions using stovetop method. Cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, season flour with pepper. Beat small eggs in another small bowl.
- Cut a deep horizontal pocket into each breast of chicken. Stuff 1/3 to ½ cup of kishka into each piece of chicken (as much as you can fit!). Pinch the edges of pocket closed and tuck ends under.
- Dip the stuffed breast in beaten egg then dredge through seasoned flour.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium flame.
- When oil is hot, pan fry the chicken until golden brown, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken to shallow baking dish and finish cooking in the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- To the hot skillet, add the Manischewitz Blackberry wine and chicken broth. Continue cooking over medium flame until reduced to a fine glaze - the same 20 minutes while the chicken is in the oven!
- Remove the chicken from the oven, pour blackberry sauce over all pieces.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.