Texas Two Step
- 1 box Manischewitz rice pilaf
- 2 zucchini squash, sliced
- 2 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ Tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon Italian herb
- 3 Tablespoons Manischewitz potato starch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Manischewitz matzo meal
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pareve chicken flavor bouillon cube
- 2 Tablespoons Manischewitz potato starch
- salt and pepper to tast
- 1 bottle Manischewitz Cream White Concord
- Take zucchini, yellow squash, and onions and place them in a zip lock bag. Put oil, garlic salt, and Italian herb into bag with veggies, shake, and set aside.
- Prepare rice pilaf according to package directions. Set aside.
- Take veggies and place on skewer; grill until done, and set aside.
- Dissolve 3 Tablespoons potato starch, flour, matzo meal, and salt in water. Add beaten eggs and milk; beat together. Batter should be runny. Using a 6 or 8 inch frying pan. Heat pan with dab of margarine. Pour in batter to cover bottom of pan. Let cook until pancake pulls away from the sides of the pan. Turn out on a towel. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Place 2-3 Tablespoons of rice pilaf on each pancake along with assorted veggies. Roll up like a burrito. Keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, add 1 cup water, bay leaf, bouillon cube, ¼ cup Manischewitz Cream White Concord Wine and bring to a boil. Dissolve 2 Tablespoons potato starch and add to water. Salt and pepper to taste. Mixture should be a sauce consistency. You may add water or potato starch to reach consistency.
- Place 2 burritos on a plate and pour sauce over, if desired. Can be served plain.